1 of 2
Cancer Finally Eats Away Carlos Zambrano’s Brain
Posted: 25 June 2010 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  41470
Joined  2006-10-06

Once there Zambrano’s anger settled on Derrek Lee and they exchanged words after a disastrous first inning. Manager Lou Piniella, pitching coach Larry Rothschild and bench coach Alan Trammell had to step in and separate the two players.

Zambrano stomped around the dugout and ripped down a Gatorade container, leaving a huge puddle in front of the bench. It will be a major cleanup job after Friday’s 6-0 loss to the White Sox at U.S. Cellular Field.

Memo to Jerry Reinsdorf:

Have a contest at the Cell every time the Cubs visit. Let the attending fans pick which Cub gets thrown out of the game by Lou Piniella. Then hold a raffle for free season’s tickets.

Still looking forward to watch Zambrano’s rant outside the Cell at a Channel 5 cameraman.

If someone could post....

Lou (after 6 hits of bourbon?) talking about his favorite pitcher.

Signature 

“Fuck the kingsguard, fuck the city, fuck the king.”

M: You don’t trust anyone, do you?
James Bond: No.
M: Then you’ve learned your lesson.

Posted: 25 June 2010 08:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
All Star
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  3930
Joined  2007-10-29

The Cubs are dead to me!!!!!

Big Z is a big zero.

Signature 

We have met the enemy and he is us.

To Jay: Quin taces!

I usually shit gold.

Posted: 25 June 2010 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  23311
Joined  2006-10-07

Z going after DLee is bush. Derrick is the consumate pro. And this is coming from a Sox fan.

Signature 

I only watch TV if someone is keeping score.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent Isaac Asimov

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.  Groucho Marx

Ubi caritas et amor, deus ibi est

Posted: 25 June 2010 09:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
MVP
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8305
Joined  2010-03-17

Contract or no contract, it’s probably safe to say the Cubs will find a way to get rid of Big Z as soon as possible.

Signature 

Bain sult as an lá

There are 2 kinds of people in the world: Those who put people into 2 groups and those who don’t.

Posted: 26 June 2010 05:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  36916
Joined  2006-10-10

NBC story and some video.

Signature 

It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without violence.

Posted: 26 June 2010 06:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-06

Andy MacFail must be licking his chops…

Signature 

Posted: 26 June 2010 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-07

Let me put this question to you. What has Carlos Zambrano ever won (besides most Gatorade dispensers destroyed in a season)? Zip! Nada! Nothing! Oh sure he has that no-hitter, but beyond that?

Now let’s look at the other side: Derrek Lee: Three time Gold Glover. Silver Slugger. Batting Champion. Oh, one more thing...World Series Champion. Further, because of his fielding prowess, he’s made guys like Aramis Ramirez better fielders.

I would think that Derrek might know a thing or two about Juan Pierre’s batting tendencies. Afterall, they’ve been teammates. So I’d like to hear from Carlos how a left handed slap hitter like Pierre manages to pull a ball down the line past a first baseman that knows what he likes to do. Bad pitch maybe? Nah, can’t be that. Carlos never makes mistakes.

Enjoy your next team, Carlos.

Signature 

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.  Groucho Marx

Posted: 26 June 2010 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-10

Pierre was just on Comcast and he said, “I was going to bunt but I saw that pitch and knew I could hit it good.”

And, let’s see, the Cubs were all set up for the bunt (D-Lee was way in) and that ball was a rocket down the first base line. So, again, how’s that Lee’s fault?

Signature 

It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without violence.

Posted: 26 June 2010 07:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-06
BigBadBill - 26 June 2010 07:45 AM

Pierre was just on Comcast and he said, “I was going to bunt but I saw that pitch and knew I could hit it good.”

And, let’s see, the Cubs were all set up for the bunt (D-Lee was way in) and that ball was a rocket down the first base line. So, again, how’s that Lee’s fault?

Aw com’on Slim, even Petey Pablo could’ve made that play!!!

Signature 

Posted: 26 June 2010 08:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-07
Big Star - 26 June 2010 07:48 AM

BigBadBill - 26 June 2010 07:45 AM

Aw com’on Slim, even Petey Pablo could’ve made that play!!!

Well....he didn’t dive for it. At least that was Carlos’ problem. Memo to Carlos, you don’t dive for a ball unless you’re 95%+ sure you can stop it. Why? Because you’re taking yourself, defensively, out of the play. Duh!

Signature 

Posted: 26 June 2010 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-06
SouthSideSlim - 26 June 2010 07:43 AM

Let me put this question to you. What has Carlos Zambrano ever won (besides most Gatorade dispensers destroyed in a season)? Zip! Nada! Nothing! Oh sure he has that no-hitter, but beyond that?

Now let’s look at the other side: Derrek Lee: Three time Gold Glover. Silver Slugger. Batting Champion. Oh, one more thing...World Series Champion. Further, because of his fielding prowess, he’s made guys like Aramis Ramirez better fielders.

I would think that Derrek might know a thing or two about Juan Pierre’s batting tendencies. Afterall, they’ve been teammates. So I’d like to hear from Carlos how a left handed slap hitter like Pierre manages to pull a ball down the line past a first baseman that knows what he likes to do. Bad pitch maybe? Nah, can’t be that. Carlos never makes mistakes.

Enjoy your next team, Carlos.

And there’s the rub.

Why the fuck should Zambrano ever even have another opportunity to play in MLB?

This guy is a fucking self-absorbed asshole. And he’s grossly overpaid.

He’s the worst performing starting pitcher for the Cubs ever since that goddamn no-hitter bullshit game in Milwaukee.

Yet the fucking union will back up Carlos. They will bitch and moan against the suspension. And the Cubs will be forced to dress him or pay him to play elsewhere.

I say fuck that.

Fire him for just cause. And void the contract.

Ricketts wants to make his mark in MLB? Then terminate the contract and kick Zambrano’s fat ass out of the clubhouse.

Go ahead Union, fucking sue. Take it to court.

This guy has:

1. beat the shit out of his catcher.
2. beat the shit out of the gatorade drug.
3. threw a baseball in the stands.
4. nearly destroyed the dugout yesterday.
5. almost engaged Derrick Lee.

Fuck him.

Anyone else in any other line of work? You are out on your ass.

Carlos Zambrano is a goddamn loser.

Enjoy the street shitdick. You are worth nothing. You deserve nothing. I wish you nothing but bad tidings.

Millions of people out there losing their jobs, homes, families destroyed, businesses destroyed, life savings destroyed and YET this garbage has made millions and produced NOTHING.

Fire him. Don’t pay him. And counter-sue him for breaching his agreement in his contract for not following the personal conduct codes in each and every MLB contract.

Go for it Cap’n. Sink the fat ass.

Signature 

Posted: 26 June 2010 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-10

Section 7(b)(1) (of the standard player contract, a team may terminate a contract if the player shall) “fail, refuse or neglect to conform his personal conduct to the standards of good citizenship and good sportsmanship or to keep himself in first-class physical condition or to obey the club’s training rules.”

Section 7(b)(3) (gives the team the right to cancel the deal if a player shall) “fail, refuse or neglect to render his services hereunder or in any manner materially breach this contract.”

That first paragraph would seem to apply.

Signature 

Posted: 26 June 2010 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-06

And so it should be exercised.

Yes, the union will challenge it in court. But so what?

It is right there in fucking black and white.

Why is this behavior condoned when it would not be in any other work force no matter who the fuck you are??????

Signature 

Posted: 26 June 2010 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-10

I got fired from ABC (WYTZ-FM, 94.7) because my show, which didn’t feature wall to wall Madonna, had better ratings than the rest of the station. There’s no reason whatsoever to keep Big “Z” any longer.

Signature 

Posted: 26 June 2010 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-06

There’s no reason for any other team to hire him either.

He is no talent. He’s hit the ceiling. And he’s prone to violence in the workplace.

Too bad the Cubs did NOT unify as a team yesterday by taking turns beating the shit out of him in the dugout.

And why not? Because despite their putrid play on the field, they still exhibit some sense of pride and respect for the game.

Fuck Carlos Zambrano.

Signature 

Posted: 26 June 2010 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-07

What Carlos did was violate on of the most basic rules of team sports: We win as a team. We lose as team.

To throw Lee under the bus was beyond the pale. Derrek didn’t give up the 3 run dinger.

Signature 

1 of 2