In Which The Big Scary Bears Scare Me
Posted: 17 January 2012 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  37109
Joined  2006-10-10

**shiver**

Signature 

It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without violence.

Posted: 17 January 2012 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-10

I forgot to mention that the spiders and Snakes link is for Nite and Slim but anyone can feel free to enjoy it.

Signature 

It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without violence.

Posted: 17 January 2012 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Hall of Famer
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15538
Joined  2007-11-23

I heard on Yahoo Sports Radio that Lovie Smith is very conservative coach. Bears fans would know if that is true or not. They were talking about coaches that took chances and the only chance Smith took, was to let Caleb Hanie play quarterback in a regularly scheduled NFL game and we all know how that turned out.

Signature 

I sign every autograph I can for kids because I remember myself at that age. I think it’s ridiculous that some guys won’t sign for a kid.

Jim Thome

Posted: 17 January 2012 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Hall of Famer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23
BigBadBill - 17 January 2012 10:44 AM

I forgot to mention that the spiders and Snakes link is for Nite and Slim but anyone can feel free to enjoy it.

That was Dolly Parton at her best. Think there was a guy in the video, but not positive.

Signature 

I sign every autograph I can for kids because I remember myself at that age. I think it’s ridiculous that some guys won’t sign for a kid.

Jim Thome

Posted: 17 January 2012 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-10

Might have been. Glad you liked it.

Signature 

Posted: 17 January 2012 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  41847
Joined  2006-10-06

You are channeling NY-Ex with that picture.

Signature 

“Fuck the kingsguard, fuck the city, fuck the king.”

M: You don’t trust anyone, do you?
James Bond: No.
M: Then you’ve learned your lesson.

Posted: 17 January 2012 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  23551
Joined  2006-10-07

I’ll have to wait until I get home. They don’t like us playing videos.

Speaking of Dolly Parton, do not, I repeat, NOT!, even think about going to Gatlinburg, TN on Labor Day weekend. To get there you have to drive through Pigeon Forge and past Dollyword. Doesn’t sound so bad does it?

At other times you’d be right, but not that weekend. It’s “Hell’s Angels Weekend at Dollywood.”

Another point should be made about Pigeon Forge is that it’s dry as in no adult beverages (I only pass through that city). That reminds me of a story.

My wife and I on a trip up to Gatlinburg (not on HAWEAD see above). Mrs. Slim likes rustic stuff (well...she is married to me) and that makes her a sucker for the arts community near Gatlinburg. One day she and I are checking out the place, and we found a bar and had lunch there. Afterward, I stayed at the bar while she went off to spend money. I’m looking around and notice a big empty space. I ask the bartender, “I’m surprised that you don’t have a pool table in here.”

“We did,” said the bartender, “but the City Council made us remove it.”

“Why? Gambling?” I said.

“No,” the bartender said, “they were afraid there might be violence and the sticks used as weapons.”

I glance to my left at the dart board. “Right,” I think to myself. “Those darts never could be used as weapons.”

Signature 

I only watch TV if someone is keeping score.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent Isaac Asimov

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.  Groucho Marx

Ubi caritas et amor, deus ibi est

Posted: 17 January 2012 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15866
Joined  2006-10-09

Hey BBB can you make your front post shorter? my ADHD can’t handle a post that long- like I got one sentence into SSS’s post above saw Dolly Parton, thought of big tits, looked some up, and then came back to posting this....
Can someone summarize all front pages for me? thanks.... plus I think we’d have more posters here if someone did that.... I appreciate it.... and don’t worry I got bored even writing this stupid post…
adsj;lasd;las;ldaf;daf blah

Signature 

I’m an eight time recipeint of the Microsoft Most Valuable Professional award. I studied Computer Science at Kennesaw State here in Georiga with a 4.0 GPA. I’ve had articles published in computer publications, both paid for by the publisher and for free as a service to the programming community. I’ve served as a consultant and peer reviewer for a couple of computer programming books.
I also grew up across the street from a baseball diamond.. I know baseball

Posted: 17 January 2012 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Hall of Famer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

We found out that Pigeon Forge has some of the worst traffic ever and it takes forever, to drive through Pigeon Forge. Not a good place to make a left turn. There wouldn’t be a pool table left in United States, if everyone thought like the Gatlinburg City Council. I have seen some bars that had sign in front saying LEAVE GUNS AND KNIVES AT HOME. Those pool sticks may come in handy in a place like that.

Signature 

Jim Thome

Posted: 17 January 2012 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  23551
Joined  2006-10-07

Your right about the traffic, Nite. Labor Day weekend though is twice as bad than on another weekend.

Signature 

I only watch TV if someone is keeping score.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent Isaac Asimov

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.  Groucho Marx

Ubi caritas et amor, deus ibi est

Posted: 17 January 2012 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Hall of Famer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23
SouthSideSlim - 17 January 2012 12:04 PM

Your right about the traffic, Nite. Labor Day weekend though is twice as bad than on another weekend.

Slim, Glad we never encountered the Labor Day traffic at Pigeon Forge. We had our family reunion in Gatlinburg in August of 2010, since there were so many of us living, in the Tennessee, North Carolina and Virginia area.

Signature 

Jim Thome

Posted: 17 January 2012 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-10
Toko - 17 January 2012 11:54 AM

Hey BBB can you make your front post shorter? my ADHD can’t handle a post that long- like I got one sentence into SSS’s post above saw Dolly Parton, thought of big tits, looked some up, and then came back to posting this....
Can someone summarize all front pages for me? thanks.... plus I think we’d have more posters here if someone did that.... I appreciate it.... and don’t worry I got bored even writing this stupid post…
adsj;lasd;las;ldaf;daf blah

Bears still owned by McCaskeys.
That’s bad.
First GM they interviewed is a “nice guy”.
That’s bad.
Lovie Smith to choose his new boss.
That’s stupid.

I hope that helps.

Signature 

Posted: 17 January 2012 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-09

It appears that I’m not the only one with huge ADHD on this thread....

PS- thanks Bill---- hmmmmmmm Dolly’s big tits...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Doesn’t Lovie sound like a stripper name?

Signature 

I’m an eight time recipeint of the Microsoft Most Valuable Professional award. I studied Computer Science at Kennesaw State here in Georiga with a 4.0 GPA. I’ve had articles published in computer publications, both paid for by the publisher and for free as a service to the programming community. I’ve served as a consultant and peer reviewer for a couple of computer programming books.

Posted: 17 January 2012 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  41847
Joined  2006-10-06

The Bears are simply an irrelevant oddity.

But at least they don’t spin an impending season with a bullshit slogan such as “Appreciate the Game”.

JFC if that doesn’t spell doom…

Signature 

“Fuck the kingsguard, fuck the city, fuck the king.”

M: You don’t trust anyone, do you?
James Bond: No.
M: Then you’ve learned your lesson.

Posted: 17 January 2012 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-09
Big Star - 17 January 2012 12:23 PM

The Bears are simply an irrelevant oddity.

But at least they don’t spin an impending season with a bullshit slogan such as “Appreciate the Game”.

JFC if that doesn’t spell doom…

Lovie will change it to “I am the game”

Signature