This dude jumped into a vat of acid to save his buddy.
A New Jersey roofer is lucky to be alive Tuesday after he fell into a vat of acid and was rescued by a co-worker who jumped in to pull him out.
According to authorities, 51-year-old Rob Nuckols was outside of Swepco Tube LLC on Clifton Boulevard in Clifton when his colleague Martin Davis broke through the roof and fell into a vat of nitric acid solution Monday, becoming fully submerged.
A quick-thinking Nuckols jumped into the vat of the solution which contained a 40 to 70 percent nitric acid used to clean metal tubing, and with the help of three other workers pulled Davis out, officials said.
Responding emergency crews cut both men out of their clothes and rinsed them off. The men were transported to nearby hospitals.
Davis was listed in critical condition and suffered a broken rib, burns on his legs and a punctured lung while Nuckols was treated for burns.