Posted: 28 May 2012 06:16 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  36916
Joined  2006-10-10

New post up.

[ Edited: 29 May 2012 05:54 AM by BigBadBill ]
 Signature 

It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without violence.

Posted: 28 May 2012 08:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Hall of Famer
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15444
Joined  2007-11-23

Carrie Muskrat has a difficult job, since she has to find new ways to say the Cubs suck this season. A thesauarus would come in handy for her so she can change the wording of her reports about the last Cubs loss. The Cubs are six games from finishing the first third of the season since the 54th game is the third of the season mark. Epstein may be forced to call up Anthony Rizzo to get some offense, but even that is not a sure thing, since Rizzo has not hit well in the majors.

Lot643a_lg.jpeg

Let’s hope Rizzo is not a reincarnation of former Cub Steve Bilko, who hit 313 home runs in 13 minor league seasons, but hit only hit 76 in 10 major league seasons.

Signature 

I sign every autograph I can for kids because I remember myself at that age. I think it’s ridiculous that some guys won’t sign for a kid.

Jim Thome

Posted: 28 May 2012 08:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-10

Epstein is right that Rizzo needs, at least, 500 at bats before being called up. Also, right now, he’s injured, so there’s no way to call him up.

Signature 

It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without violence.

Posted: 28 May 2012 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  41472
Joined  2006-10-06

World Series
The negativity is brutal.

Signature 

“Fuck the kingsguard, fuck the city, fuck the king.”

M: You don’t trust anyone, do you?
James Bond: No.
M: Then you’ve learned your lesson.

Posted: 28 May 2012 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-10

cubsring.jpg

Signature 

Posted: 28 May 2012 08:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Hall of Famer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

And to think there was talk of letting Paul Konerko walk after the 2010 season. The 2011 season would have been even worse if the Sox had let Konerko go. Great to see Beckham collect 4 hits yesterday. If he can even hit .250 with his defense, the Sox would be in great shape.

Konerko is 2nd in hits in AL with 65 and only 2 behind Derek Jeter. He is also 5th in doubles with 13, 6th in HR’s with 13, 6th in RBI with 33, 1st in batting average at .399, leads in OBP with .476 mark, 2nd in slugging at .681 and second in OPS at 1.157.

He is 3rd in the majors in total bases with 111. Only Josh Hamilton with 131 and Adam Jones with 116 are ahead of him. 4th extra base hits in AL with 24.

White Sox are 4th in AL in runs scored with 228. Lead AL in triples with 11, 4th in HR’s with 60, 6th in batting average at .258,

Pitching stats show Sox are 6th in saves with only 9 with only Toronto have less with 7. Sox have 7 blown saves which is next to last in AL with Toronto having 8 blown saves. Opponents are hitting .237 against the Sox with Texas and Los Angeles Angels allowing lower averages.

Sox have 3rd fewest errors with 21, with only the Mariners and Yankees having made fewer errors. Sox have the third least double plays with 39, with the Mariners and Tigers the only worse teams. The Sox have allowed the fewest stolen bases with 15, while the Angels have allowed the most with 45.

Signature 

I sign every autograph I can for kids because I remember myself at that age. I think it’s ridiculous that some guys won’t sign for a kid.

Jim Thome

Posted: 28 May 2012 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Hall of Famer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23
BigBadBill - 28 May 2012 08:20 AM

cubsring.jpg

If the Cubs can go 80-35 the rest of the season, that would give them a 95-67 record for the season, so they still have a chance of winning a World Series ring. Plus they have two wild card teams this year, so anything can happen.

Signature 

Jim Thome

Posted: 28 May 2012 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Hall of Famer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23
BigBadBill - 28 May 2012 08:04 AM

Epstein is right that Rizzo needs, at least, 500 at bats before being called up. Also, right now, he’s injured, so there’s no way to call him up.

We probably won’t see Rizzo in Chicago till September callups.

Signature 

Jim Thome

Posted: 28 May 2012 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-10

Playing some of their worst baseball in decades, the Cubs return to Wrigley Field to face a hair-trigger home crowd that hasn’t seen them win a game in person since Facebook and the Ricketts family were considered good investments. - Gordon Wittenmyer

Signature 

Posted: 28 May 2012 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  41472
Joined  2006-10-06

Curse of the Tea Party.

They have not won since a thread was threatened of being shutdown.

Signature 

“Fuck the kingsguard, fuck the city, fuck the king.”

M: You don’t trust anyone, do you?
James Bond: No.
M: Then you’ve learned your lesson.

Posted: 28 May 2012 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-10

All right then, I get it, it’s all Slim’s fault!
cheers

Signature 

Posted: 28 May 2012 09:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Hall of Famer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23
BigBadBill - 28 May 2012 09:12 AM

Playing some of their worst baseball in decades, the Cubs return to Wrigley Field to face a hair-trigger home crowd that hasn’t seen them win a game in person since Facebook and the Ricketts family were considered good investments. - Gordon Wittenmyer

Good that the Cubs don’t play their home games in Philadelphia. The fans would get hoarse from all the booing. They were booing their own players as far back as 1957, when I saw my first major league game in person.

Signature 

Jim Thome

Posted: 28 May 2012 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
MVP
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8305
Joined  2010-03-17
Niteowl049 - 28 May 2012 08:02 AM

Carrie Muskrat has a difficult job, since she has to find new ways to say the Cubs suck this season. A thesauarus would come in handy for her so she can change the wording of her reports about the last Cubs loss.

Actually, I think her job would be easier. She could use one of her columns as a template and just the names and scores as necessary. Saving her time and aggravation.

Then she can go and enjoy more of whatever it is she does when she’s not working.

As for the Sox, if I were a pitcher on any other AL team right now, I’d be shitting bricks at the thought of facing that Sox lineup right now...especially the middle of that order.

Judging by the way Hawk and Stoney were talking, Konerko seems to have taken Beckham under his wing and is helping him with his hitting.  Don’t know if that’s true or not, but whatever Beckham’s doing, it’s seems to be working.

Signature 

Bain sult as an lá

There are 2 kinds of people in the world: Those who put people into 2 groups and those who don’t.

Posted: 28 May 2012 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-10

Out of boredom I called my homie at the Sox and he confirms that Beckham and Konerko have been taking a few minutes each day for “supplemental learning.”

Signature 

Posted: 28 May 2012 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
MVP
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8305
Joined  2010-03-17
BigBadBill - 28 May 2012 10:46 AM

Out of boredom I called my homie at the Sox and he confirms that Beckham and Konerko have been taking a few minutes each day for “supplemental learning.”

I would think Paulie’s career in baseball won’t be over when his playing days are. Any team who wouldn’t even think of hiring him as a coach is in serious need of a change in management.

Signature 

Bain sult as an lá

There are 2 kinds of people in the world: Those who put people into 2 groups and those who don’t.

Posted: 28 May 2012 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Hall of Famer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23
TomD - 28 May 2012 10:40 AM

Niteowl049 - 28 May 2012 08:02 AM
Carrie Muskrat has a difficult job, since she has to find new ways to say the Cubs suck this season. A thesauarus would come in handy for her so she can change the wording of her reports about the last Cubs loss.

Actually, I think her job would be easier. She could use one of her columns as a template and just the names and scores as necessary. Saving her time and aggravation.

Then she can go and enjoy more of whatever it is she does when she’s not working.

As for the Sox, if I were a pitcher on any other AL team right now, I’d be shitting bricks at the thought of facing that Sox lineup right now...especially the middle of that order.

Judging by the way Hawk and Stoney were talking, Konerko seems to have taken Beckham under his wing and is helping him with his hitting.  Don’t know if that’s true or not, but whatever Beckham’s doing, it’s seems to be working.

Great idea about having a template then all Carrie would have to do would file the gruesome details in of that day’s game.

Sounds like something Paul Konerko would do to help Beckham with his hitting.  Makes me think even more of Konerko. Sox should hold onto Konerko, till the day he wants to retire.

The signing of Robin Ventura, as manager is looking better all the time.

Signature 

Jim Thome

1 of 2