Posted: 29 August 2013 07:15 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  37015
Joined  2006-10-10

New post.

[ Edited: 05 September 2013 11:15 AM by BigBadBill ]
 Signature 

It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without violence.

Posted: 30 August 2013 05:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Hall of Famer
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15499
Joined  2007-11-23

Paul Konerko is finishing his 20th year in pro baseball. He started playing for Yakima, Washington in 1994. He was the first pick out of 77 picks made by the Dodgers in the 1994 draft and the only pick still playing in the majors today. He has hit 424 of his 431 home runs for the White Sox. Konerko has never been a speedster on the bases with 9 stolen bases in 17 major league seasons, which averages out to about a half a stolen base a season. 2,227 of his 2,275 hits have come with the White Sox. Konerko came in the Mike Cameron trade from the Reds. Cameron hit 23 HR’s and drove in 100 runs for Sox, so the Sox definitely got the best of that trade. Konerko would have to take a pay cut to return next season, since the Sox won’t pay him $13.5 million again in 2014.

Whether he retires or not Konerko has left his mark on Chicago White Sox baseball. Most of all he will be remembered for his 40 HR’s and 100 RBI season of 2005, when the Sox went to the World Series.

Signature 

I sign every autograph I can for kids because I remember myself at that age. I think it’s ridiculous that some guys won’t sign for a kid.

Jim Thome

Posted: 30 August 2013 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Hall of Famer
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15499
Joined  2007-11-23

It was surprising that only 27,763 fans showed up at Wrigley Field today, which was smallest crowd since All Star game. You would think that more Cubs fans would have came out in force to welcome Ryne Sandberg as the new Phillies manager. Nate Schierholtz hit his 20th home run, while Anthony Rizzo hit No. 21. Schierholtz has only one less home run than Rizzo, despite having 119 fewer at bats.

Signature 

I sign every autograph I can for kids because I remember myself at that age. I think it’s ridiculous that some guys won’t sign for a kid.

Jim Thome

‹‹ Rugby      I hope this kid makes it. ››