In Which There’s Beauty Amongst The Ruins
Posted: 15 September 2013 10:43 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  37201
Joined  2006-10-10

New post for Monday.

Signature 

It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without violence.

Posted: 16 September 2013 07:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  42023
Joined  2006-10-06

It is a significant achievement for this new coaching staff to quickly implement an updated offense that finally includes production at the tightend position.

The addition of Martellus Bennett to an offense including Brandon Marshall and Matt Forte is huge.

The special teams against the kick return needs obvious work. However the disappearance (so far) of Julius Peppers (and the pass rush) is the team’s most concerning deficiency at this team.

Signature 

“Fuck the kingsguard, fuck the city, fuck the king.”

M: You don’t trust anyone, do you?
James Bond: No.
M: Then you’ve learned your lesson.

Posted: 16 September 2013 10:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
MVP
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8482
Joined  2010-03-17
Big Star - 16 September 2013 07:44 AM

It is a significant achievement for this new coaching staff to quickly implement an updated offense that finally includes production at the tightend position.

The addition of Martellus Bennett to an offense including Brandon Marshall and Matt Forte is huge.

The special teams against the kick return needs obvious work. However the disappearance (so far) of Julius Peppers (and the pass rush) is the team’s most concerning deficiency at this team.

I agree about the new staff. I’m beginning to like this Trestman guy more and more.

Yeah special teams still needs a little work, but overall I like what I see there.

Signature 

Bain sult as an lá

When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said the man with the pistol’s a dead man. Let’s see if that’s true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

Posted: 17 September 2013 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
All Star
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2889
Joined  2006-11-27
TomD - 16 September 2013 10:46 PM

Big Star - 16 September 2013 07:44 AM

I agree about the new staff. I’m beginning to like this Trestman guy more and more.

Yeah special teams still needs a little work, but overall I like what I see there.

I really like Emery and the way he’s gone about building the team and managing the cap.  He ID’d TE as a need and signed a guy who people weren’t sure about, well he’s looking very smart now.  He also rebuilt the line on the fly.

This team should be better by the end of the year than they are now as they get up to speed on Trestman’s office and the coaching staff learns its players.

Signature 

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history that has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms.
- Robert A. Heinlein