1 of 6
Commit to the Indian (new post up, have fun!)
Posted: 25 January 2008 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]  
All Star
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2858
Joined  2006-11-27

I’m sure all of you who are interested in the ‘Hawks have seen this by now:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/cs-080124chicago-blackhawks-columbus-blue-jackets,1,3413273.story

I had the unfortunate experience of being at last night’s game.  Uninspired, disorganized play at both ends of the ice.  Khabibulin had a rare great game, keeping the team in a game it had little business being in.  “Boos” were frequent and deserved.

So I’m glad Savvy went off on these guys.  The way they played last night isn’t going to cut it.  “They have to commit to the Indian,” he says.  I love it.

Signature 

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history that has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms.
- Robert A. Heinlein

Posted: 25 January 2008 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  37115
Joined  2006-10-10

“They have to commit to the Indian,”

Oh, thank God. I thought Toko was working with the Hawks now. This is all right. They’ll be fine.

Signature 

It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without violence.

Posted: 25 January 2008 01:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  23559
Joined  2006-10-07

Yeah, I read that too. This time it wasn’t one of the kids criticizing the team. Hope it works.

Signature 

I only watch TV if someone is keeping score.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent Isaac Asimov

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.  Groucho Marx

Ubi caritas et amor, deus ibi est

Trying to make anything completely foolproof under estimates the ingenuity of complete fools. Douglas Adams

Posted: 25 January 2008 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-07

I’ve often said that the difference between Tinky and Steve Rosenbloom is that Steve doesn’t take himself seriously. Yes, he can be a F***tard at times, especially when you can’t figure out whether or not he’s saying something with his tongue in cheek. However, he did give a shout out to Denis Savard and “Commit to the Indian”.

Signature 

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.  Groucho Marx

Trying to make anything completely foolproof under estimates the ingenuity of complete fools. Douglas Adams

Posted: 25 January 2008 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  41855
Joined  2006-10-06

I like “Fire the F***tard” better.

Signature 

“Fuck the kingsguard, fuck the city, fuck the king.”

M: You don’t trust anyone, do you?
James Bond: No.
M: Then you’ve learned your lesson.

Posted: 25 January 2008 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-07
tyrone briggs - 25 January 2008 06:05 PM

I like “Fire the F***tard” better.

Yes, I do too, but not in regards to the Blackhawks.

Signature 

Posted: 25 January 2008 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
All Star
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2071
Joined  2006-10-08

The Hawks had gotten by on the road with a paltry offense and just enough defense to get the shootout wins.  While I’m not a big fan of booing the home team, if they were as bad as Roman says, it might be just the thing to put a fire under their rear ends.  Don’t know if it’s a good thing or bad thing that they have to sit over the All-Star break rather than getting right back on the ice and showing some spark. 

I think the team was starting to get complacent, figuring they weren’t nearly as bad as the teams from the past few seasons and the house is starting to fill up.  If they want to prove the first and continue the second, it’s time to get moving.

Signature 

ftfsign  Ask and you will receive.

Posted: 25 January 2008 11:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-07
FredSox49 - 25 January 2008 10:47 PM

The Hawks had gotten by on the road with a paltry offense and just enough defense to get the shootout wins.  While I’m not a big fan of booing the home team, if they were as bad as Roman says, it might be just the thing to put a fire under their rear ends.  Don’t know if it’s a good thing or bad thing that they have to sit over the All-Star break rather than getting right back on the ice and showing some spark. 

I think the team was starting to get complacent, figuring they weren’t nearly as bad as the teams from the past few seasons and the house is starting to fill up.  If they want to prove the first and continue the second, it’s time to get moving.

Fred, I second that.

Signature 

Posted: 26 January 2008 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Rookie
Rank
Total Posts:  179
Joined  2006-10-07

As someone with two jerseys, why is the F-tard making such a big deal about “commit to the Indian”?  Talk about trying to make something out of nothing.  Anybody with a lick of common sense (which OF COURSE excludes the F-tard) knew what Savard was referencing.  Then out of his tail he calls it “the coolest jersey in sports” (which it is in my opinion).  What an F-tard.

Posted: 26 January 2008 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-07
tweener - 26 January 2008 12:55 PM

As someone with two jerseys, why is the F-tard making such a big deal about “commit to the Indian”?  Talk about trying to make something out of nothing.  Anybody with a lick of common sense (which OF COURSE excludes the F-tard) knew what Savard was referencing.  Then out of his tail he calls it “the coolest jersey in sports” (which it is in my opinion).  What an F-tard.

I’ve only one jersey myself, and I hate agreeing with F***tard, but it is the coolest.

BTW, the parser will automatically place the * in the word F***tard. So you don’t have to censor it yourself. Just express yourself.

Signature 

Posted: 26 January 2008 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Rookie
Rank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2007-11-08

After printing out the article to line the cat box with, I went out and ordered one of the shirts; no I’m (edit: not)behind it, but wish I was…

Get them here

Signature 

My name is Bob and I am a Hawkaholic

Posted: 26 January 2008 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-07
klemmer35 - 26 January 2008 02:50 PM

After printing out the article to line the cat box with, I went out and ordered one of the shirts; no I’m behind it, but wish I was…

Get them here

Thanks Klem.

Signature 

Posted: 26 January 2008 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  37115
Joined  2006-10-10

If it doesn’t fit, my wife gets a cool nightshirt. But, one is headed my way.

Signature 

It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without violence.

Posted: 26 January 2008 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
All Star
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  3930
Joined  2007-10-29

Savard nailed it in his rant, it’s a trend I’ve noticed over the course of the season. Not enough fore & back checking, too much poke checking in front, not enough blasting the man off the puck. There needs to be a better balance between finesse & physical play.

Signature 

We have met the enemy and he is us.

To Jay: Quin taces!

I usually shit gold.

Posted: 26 January 2008 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-07
bones73 - 26 January 2008 03:29 PM

Savard nailed it in his rant, it’s a trend I’ve noticed over the course of the season. Not enough fore & back checking, too much poke checking in front, not enough blating the man off the puck. There needs to be a better balance between finesse & physical play.

I haven’t gotten the opportunity to see them on the tube, but what you’re saying fits in perfectly with some other sources.

Signature 

Posted: 26 January 2008 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10074
Joined  2006-10-09

Why did tinky have to bring the CHIEF into it. Was it to show he is on top of all things politically correct. You know, like being called a fag.

Signature 

If ignorance is bliss shouldn’t there be more happy people running around?

1 of 6